Saturday, January 16, 2010

Madeline Schnibbles Quilt

The Schnibbles a Month pattern for January is Madeline. It is the smallest one we've done so far at 28" x 28". I used some charm packs I've had in my stash for a few years called Madeira by Blackbird Designs. It's cool fabric, it has cross stitch sampler patterns on it. I like it. So, here it is...
This one went together quickly, and I stipple quilted it with maroon thread. All of this was from my stash *woohoo!* So on February 1st be sure to check out Sinta and Sherri's blogs to see the parade. It will be awesome again I am sure :)

If you couldn't guess what Jessie and I were making last Sunday, here he is.
Jessie fell in love with an owl stuffy from the Pottery Barn catalog I got in the mail, so I told her we'd try to make one. She picked out all of the fabric (again from my stash) and we went to town. It is not perfect, but it's cute and she loves it!

I'm working like a mad woman on several other projects. I have another quilt basted and ready to quilt on. Also I am almost done with another block on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. I hope to finish it this week and post about it. Have an awesome weekend everybody!!

18 comments:

Ariane said...

I love your madeline quilt. The fabric is so nice. I love it!!!! The owl is so cute too!

Susan said...

What great colors--I love your version of Madeline!

Nic said...

Your quilt looks fabulous - and the owl is so cute!

Brigitte said...

Cute little owl that Jessie and you made. And another great Schnibbles finished. Love the fabric you used.

Katrina said...

Cute owl and I love the quilt!

staci said...

Isn't that quilt the cutest thing EVER! Love the fabric, the colors, the pattern, the stipple quilting...ok, I just love the whole thing!!!

Karan said...

The quilt is another gorgeous one & the oel is a cutie. :0)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

cute quilt!! i just got the pattern a few days ago!

Siobhán said...

Wow!! I just love that quilt. F-A-B-Ulous!! It really is neat. The owl--too cool. Almost as adorable as the cutie patootie who helped create it. :)

Sherri said...

Love how your quilt turned out!!!

Michelle said...

Great pattern, and using one of my favorite fabric lines too!! Gorgeous!! You've really been tearing it up with all the quilting, haven't you - all gorgeous! Can't wait to see more of your Shores...it will inspire me I'm sure!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh WOW...I absolutely ADORE this one, beautiful, beautiful...pant, pant...love it!
And what a sweet owl Jessie is holding, that sweet girl :)

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty. I love the fabric line your chose for Madeline!

Béa said...

I love your Madeline's version, beautiful choice of fabrics !

Sinta Renee said...

YOur Madeline is so pretty! It turned out great and I love the owl you made too!!!

Sharon said...

Your Madeline quilt is my favorite in the parade! Love how it turned out...you made it your own!

Corrie said...

That owl is to die for -- how fun. Came to see your Madeline, so happy to find an owl to go with it.

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice owl. Nice quilt.