Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nash Schnibbles Quilt

I learned about Nash, a basketball player for the Phoenix Suns, while watching the NBA playoffs this year. The Suns played the Portland Trailblazers last month and it was pretty fun to watch. I've never been a basketball fan or anything, but it was fun to see the 6 intense games :) Nash is an amazing ball player! I thought it was cute Carrie has named one of her quilt patterns after him.

Finding out the May Schnibbles was the quilter's choice made me happy. I had Nash kitted up for over a year now, and was glad to finally break into it. The fabric is called Cotton Blossoms, by Camille and Bonnie. It's very cute, I like the aqua and orange colors in this fabric.
I stipple quilted it with a tan thread, and used the orange stripe fabric for the binding.
This past week I read a book called The Help by Kathryn Stockett. It was so good you guys, I could not put it down. If you are looking for an intriguing, touching book this is a good one. Have any of you read it?

15 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

The quilt is amazing...haven't read that book, but will look into it :)

KarenV said...

The Help is on my TBR list - so many people have said how good it is that I shall have to break down and buy it soon!

Siobhán said...

Love the quilt! Beautiful job.

The Help is one of my all time favorite books. Last summer, I overheard a woman at B&N trying to find the display & the clerk didn't know where it was. I ran after her to show her where it was--told her to enjoy--it was just amazing. I started calling my daughter Skeeter after the character in the book; they have the same spunk & vulnerability. Did you know it's being made into a movie? Viola Davis is playing Aibileen... I forget the other actors but you could google it.

Katrina said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the quilt. The Help is on my book club's reading list for the fall.

Suburban Stitcher said...

Love it!!! SO pretty...and I love the orange stripe binding! I have read The Help, and it is a favorite of mine ;)

Melissa said...

Excellent book. I've read it twice. Your quilts turned out beautifully.

Andee said...

I read it and really liked it..even though it was sad too...I think I am going to make Nash in Suns colors for my brother..thanks for the idea!

Carolyn said...

Heather, each one is prettier than that last! You amaze me with you creative talent and your stippling is awesome!!

I haven't read the book yet, but have heard from many friends that it's awesome. Maybe i should get it and start it.

Hugs...

Jennifer said...

Heather these quilts are beautiful . Love the colours. I can't wait till K.Stockett's next book 'The Help' was great. I couldn't put it down.

Heather said...

Heather, Hi, your quilt is amazing. I love all the stuff on your site. We were hoping to feature you on our blog quiltstory.blogspot.com but I couldn't find a contact on your site. Could you contact me myquiltstory.gmail.com so we could feature you?

Thanks

Loraine said...

Your quilt is so cute! I love this line of fabric too. I saw many new snibbles patterns at market, and wanted them all, but I was good, and only bought what I came for...Civil war prints for Dear Jane.
I have not read this book, but I've heard it is really good. I need a good book to start. I'll have to find it.
Have a good week!

Deb said...

I love your quilt. Those Schnibbles look like so much fun to make. And I'll take your recommendation on the book - I'm always looking for something good to read.

Sinta Renee said...

I love what you did with your Schnibble quilt- Nash! It's gorgeous in the fabrics you picked for it! I just love your work:)

Victory said...

Wow. I am deeply, passionately in love with this quilt. I'm so excited to learn from you.

Von said...

I read The Help last summer and truly enjoyed it! :)