Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Quilting along

The weekend was kind of nice for me. I was able to quilt all day. It was not nice for Mark however. He got to install wood floors and a dishwasher all day. I watched it progress, and was so impressed. Mark did a beautiful job! Here is a peek. We have lots more work to do to the room, but the floors are amazing. I love my handy hubby :)
While he labored away I made the Picnic Schnibbles quilt. I don't know if I am in love with it or not, there may be too much white in it? It's cute, but it has got to grow on me.
Tonight I worked on finishing the blocks for the Victorian Garden quilt. Yes, this is the one that gave me such a hassle. I am happy to have the blocks finished, now I have to pick out borders.
Tomorrow I have friends coming over to sew with me. We plan to work on Christmas gifts every Wednesday until Christmas... it should be lots of fun! On Thursday it's quilt class at church. I love it!!

15 comments:

Siobhán said...

Lovely quilts, Heather! I think the white looks good... the other colors are so clear and crisp and vibrant that your eye needs a place to rest while letting the other colors pop.

The floor looks fantastic!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your floors look great! And the Quilt is a beauty :)
Wish I belonged to your church!

Jackie's Stitches said...

The floor is wonderful!

I love the Picnic quilt. The white really sets off the other blocks. Both quilts are gorgeous!

I love the idea of quilting with friends every week. You're so fortunate!

Judith said...

Both quilts look great. This weekend I will start my picnic quilt.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i like your picnic quilt a lot!!

Loraine said...

Nice floor! It is nice to have a handy hubby.
I love the quilts. I like the picnic quilt. I think the colors are so cute.
Hope you are having a fun with your quilting parties.
Take Care!

Katrina said...

All the quilts are so pretty! I like the one with lots of white.

Your DH did a great job on the floors too.

Brigitte said...

The picnic quilt looks so great. There is a lot of white, that's true, but it makes the other colours pop out even more. I love it. And I love the star quilt. When I start making big quilts I will make some star quilts first. Stars are my favourite motives.

Lisa D. said...

Your Picnic quilt turned out very cute! I hope it will grow on you, because it's adorable.

Thelma said...

I passed on the picnic schnibbles, each time I see a finished one I regret it! I love your fabric, I think when a little time passes, you'll love your choices too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What beautiful new floors!!!!

Your Picknick piece I think has too many busy fabrics, lots of movement so the design dosen't shine!

Your Victorian garden is gorgeous!

Lennu said...

The floor is beautiful and so are your quilts as always! I just love all those colours I can see in your blog every time I come for a visit :) Have a happy week!

Marianne said...

Your Schnibbles is so cheerful and summery looking. Turned out super!

Marie said...

I love this quilt!

Your floors are awesome~

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice new floor. It seems the pattern was not too hard for you, but maybe the fabrics you chose do not do justice for the pattern. It is a bit too busy, if your language expresses it that way. But keep up the good work with the darker quilt.