Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cindy Lou Who Schnibble Quilt

I finished quilt #2 for the Schnibbles a month challenge. The pattern is Cindy Lou Who, and it required 3 charm packs. I have plenty of charm packs, but none of them were giving me the look I wanted. I ended up pulling out fat quarters and yardage I've had in my stash, some of it I've used in other quilts, some I had for years, and it came together nicely!
For the backing I used up a lot of the remaining fabric pieces.
I am trying to use my stash for these Schnibbles, it'll be fun to see what I can come up with I think. I can't wait to see what everybody else is making from this pattern!
Be sure and check out Sherrie at A Quilting Life, and Sinta at Pink Pincushion to see the "parade" of quilts on November 1st!

I wonder what Novembers pattern will be?

19 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Job well done Heather. I think this is my favorite. I love the colors.

Ariane said...

I love it. It looks great. Those are my favorite colors. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy B said...

Your quilt is great! I think the fabrics you pulled from your stash look great! Wish I could quilt like you!

Loraine said...

Darling! Great way to use your stash!

Sherri said...

Love this quilt! The quilting looks great too!

Lurline said...

It has come together beautifully!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Linda said...

I LOVE this quilt-"back art" too! You inspired me to try my first attemp at back art...I'll post it when it's back from the quilter's...

Katrina said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats on the finish.

Sinta Renee said...

Your Cindy Lou Who looks great Heather! Great job and your backing idea makes it even better!

Allyson in Alaska said...

Way to go using your stash! That deserves an award all on it's own. I like the bright and cheery colors you chose.

Siobhán said...

Great job, Heather!! It's too cute.

Brenda said...

I love it!!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on another finished work of heart; hooray for you! B=)

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful! Love your fabric choices.

Nancy said...

It's beautiful, congratulatins on the finish....Nancy

Brigitte said...

Oh Heather, this quilt looks fantastic. You always use very nice colours that are so vibrant and lively. I love that.

Marianne said...

Great job! Love it!

Carrie said...

I love it ~ and the backing is wonderful! It's awesome that you made your little Cindy Lou Doodle Dandy with your stash ~ good job!

And I love the Halloween pictures! :)

Strlady said...

Love a back with attitude!! I could not conceive using just a few pieces in each charm pack so I decided to use FQ as well. I used so little of the FQ that I was thinking of piecing a backing too. Kudos for the cute cute cute results!!

MysteryKnitter said...

Looks awesome. I mean the quilt.