Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sherbert Pips Chevron Quilt

My friend Julie is having a baby girl pretty soon, we were able to see them while in Utah last month, and she is so excited about it.  She already has two boys, so it was time they got another girl in the house.  When I was thinking about what to make her, I pulled out my fat quarters of Sherbert Pips fabric and knew that was what I had to use.

There have been so many beautiful chevron / zig zag quilts popping up lately, and I really wanted to try making one, so I googled it.  I came across Hyacinth Quilt Designs, and she had an amazing chevron quilt!  I loved it, so I sat down and figured out how she made it.  It was kind of hard, it would have been easier to use a 40" long strip, rather than my 20" long fat quarter strip, but in the end it all worked out great.
Isn't this fabric just adorable?  I have loved it forever, and was happy to use it in a quilt finally!!  I stipple quilted it with white thread, and used a light pink for the binding.
I used up extra pieces on the backing, and I had a yard of the cute print with the girls on swings, oh my gosh, I love that one!
And many thanks to my quilt model Jessie, she is always so happy to help me take pictures :-)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! I love it too! Great job!

Julie Broadbent said...

Can I just say, I LOVE this quilt! Thank you, Thank you. I cried a little when I opened the package. That may have been the pregnancy hormones, but I am also really grateful that you thought of me.

kassidi bridge said...

LOVE it!! That fabric is to die for!

Anonymous said...

I want to make this quilt but need more details on strip width and length. Width and length of strips and cuts. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

MysteryKnitter said...

That is gorgeous! Your friend must be thrilled.