Monday, December 14, 2009

2010 Goals

2009 Wrap Up

Well, I stitched my heart out in 2008, but 2009 was different for me. I worked on ONE project all year, I barely touched anything else. Shores of Hawk Run Hollow is really huge, and it has sucked me in. I doubt I’ll stitch anything else until this is finished. Only 2-1/2 blocks to go!

Quilting dominated my year. I started a lot of new projects, and learned to free motion quilt my own quilts. This takes up a lot of my time, but I love the process so it is here to stay.
This list is my “2009 Quilting goals” I did pretty well I think.

Finish my current WIP:
Pinwheels Quilt *have not touched*
American Pie Quilt *finished!*
Cherie’s Quilt *finished!*
Victorian Garden Quilt *working on quilt top*

Send out to get quilted, because the tops are done:
Blue/Yellow log Cabin *have not touched*
Star Lights Quilt *have not touched*

What I have kitted up:
Mermaid quilt, find a good pattern for these fabrics… *have not touched*
Heather Bailey fabric, use Living Large Book *have not touched*
Flannel winter blanket, make a rag quilt *have not touched*
3 Schnibbles patterns are kitted up *doing the Schnibbles a month!*
Blue Frost quilt kit *all cut out, need to start sewing*
Amy Butler Blue/Green quilt kit *this is Puzzle Play, it’s finished!*

2010 should be a fun year for me. I have a lot of things in my head to work on, I can’t wait to get started.

Finish my current WIP:
Shangri-La Quilt: Quilt and Bind
Victorian Garden Quilt: Finish top, quilt & bind
Star Lights Quilt: Quilt & Bind
Blue/Yellow Log Cabin: Quilt & Bind
Blue Frost Quilt: Sew blocks, quilt & bind
Picnic Schnibbles: Quilt & Bind
Pop Garden II quilt: Quilt & Bind
Christmas Table Runners: Make Backs, quilt and bind

What I have planned to start:
8: Schnibbles a month quilts
Christmas Quilt
Mermaid quilt, find a good pattern for these fabrics…
Heather Bailey fabric, use Living Large Book
Flannel winter blanket

3 comments:

Nic said...

Well done on your achievements for 2009 and good luck with your goals for 2010!

Karan said...

You did well with your goals. Good Luck with next years. :0)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

its good to have goals!! you did a nice job at getting most of your 2009 ones done.. so i'm sure you'll do well in 2010