Friday, June 29, 2007

Wave Quilt, so close to being done!

Hey everyone! I hope the weekend is looking bright for you and you have lots of fun things planned. I think we'll be heading to the beach if the weather holds out for us. :) Today I got quite a bit accomplished with my wave quilt. I have the whole top sewn together except a strip at the bottom. Here it is!

I laid it out on the floor here, it's kind of big...

And then here it is on my bed.

I just love it. It's so bright and cheery :D I put it on my bed and thought "good morning sunshine!" LOL! I love the colors in it. It is just how I pictured it in my head. I love working with batiks, the colors are fabulous. The strip I need to add is a tan/brown batik, I'll add a 10" strip of it at the bottom, it kind of finishes it off, like a sandy beach.

Today was a great mail day. I had ordered these kits back in April, it took awhile to get them, but boy was it worth the wait! I got 5 Shepherd's Bush kits, I think I died and went to heaven :D
Here is what they are: Americana Roll, Long May She Wave Roll, Bee Scissor Fob (with scissors), Americana Scissor Fob (with scissors), Summer is Waving. What to stitch up first?! :D

Here is my progress on Harbor Lights from this week. So far so good. I love the linen I got, it's so soft.

Woah, that was a long post, sorry about that :D I need to post daily I think! Thank you for all of the comments you have been leaving, I sure appreciate the encouragement and kind words, you are too kind! :) Have a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I love the long post! And the yummy pictures!!! That quilt is amazing. No matter what side of the bed you wake up under such a quilt, it's bound to be the right side! :D

Dawn T. said...

The quilt looks amazing!

Have a great weekend!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous quilt! Nice stash too.

Edda said...

Just love your quilt Heather, it looks so cheerful. I´ll be looking forward to seeing it finished. Great stash you received in the mail, I also enjoy days like this (filled with stash) - wish I could have them every day. LOL

Michelle said...

Your Wave quilt is beautiful! Congrats on being almost finished with it. Amazingly beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow, that quilt is so fun!

Jenna said...

Heather, that quilt is just gorgeous! I'm so glad that you showed it on your bed. Really changed the perspective a bit. Fantastic!

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice quilt you have there.