Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wave Quilt WIP & Brave One

I finished all of my wave blocks last night yay!!! So, now I will put a 1” border around them all to separate them a bit. I think it’s coming together pretty nice for just making it up out of my head :) Sometimes that could be dangerous I suspect. The top row of waves is really light, almost too light, the wave fabric blends in with the background fabric. The sun was so bright taking this photo, it was hard to capture the right colors with the camera. It looks better in person (I promise!)

I also made the sun last night. Mark called it the pyramid from hell, because it looks like it’s on fire! LOL! Thanks a lot dear, for your encouraging comments. I did want it to be bright, and I think I accomplished that. So, there is the sun. This will go on top of the waves, kinda like a sunset. I’ll put a strip of brown Bali fabric at the bottom to look like the sandy beach.

So my wave quilt is slowly coming together. I hope to get this all finished in the next week or two. I want it for my bed quilt!

Yesterday at work I stitched this up, it took all of an hour tops. It was a quick one to stitch up. It is a Shepherd’s Bush kit called Brave One. The fabric on the left is what I’ll use for the back. I think I’ll make it into a little fob since it’s so tiny.

Since I’ve taken a short break from exchanges for now, I brought a new chart to work on with me at work today :) I get about an hour to stitch at work, between breaks and work, so I always bring something with me here to pass the time if I have time :) I started Harbor Lights!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you're doing with your quilt! The colours are amazing!

Nice SB finish too - very sweet :)

Dawn T. said...

Your quilt is so gorgeous!!

Jenna said...

Wow, for making that quilt up, you are doing really well! I think it's going to look fantastic and you are so close to being able to put the whole top together. :) Great work on Brave One. I think it will look cute as a fob. Can't wait to see your progress on Harbour Lights!

mainely stitching said...

What a stunning quilt this is going to be. And totally your own design!!

Anonymous said...

I like your "Brave One" cross stitch. Usually, I am not that into anything patriotic, but it looks like something that would be perfect to send to my daughter who will be going overseas soon. I just might buy this kit myself.

Von said...

Your quilt top is coming together so fast! Great job!

Looks like Brave One will make a perfect fob. :D

Edda said...

I really like the ideas you have on your quilt and can´t wait to see it finished. Brave One is very pretty and the fabric you have chosen really suits it well. And I am looking forward to see Harbour Lights emerge on your fabric. Great work Heather.

Wendy said...

Your wave blocks look great and I love the sun block you made. I can't wait to see it all together.

Nicole said...

Your quilt is going to be so pretty! And your "Brave One" turned out so cute. I was thinking of stitching that one soon also! :)

To answer your question on my blog - yes, that's all DMC, and the thread ring are called Thread Drops. I know you can get them through Elegant Stitch - that's where I got my first set. I love them because you don't have to wind the thread onto bobbins. And it works for me because I store my threads in a DMC cabinet. Hope this helps! :)

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice quilt you have there.