Sunday, July 08, 2007

Log Cabin Quilt Top is done!

So, after Wednesday, when I was able to get the rows sewn together, I had time today to finish the top. I love how it turned out! It is a lot of fun isn't it? So happy looking. I plan on tying this one, because I want extra puffy batting in it so it'll be warm.
My girlfriend is here, we've been good friends since high school, it's been so great to chat with her again, I am really enjoying having her around for the week.
I got some progress made on The Four Seasons, I have started on the big winter motif with the birdies on a basket.

I watched Freedom Writers last night it was excellent, I recommend it!

Off I go to bed, I hope you all have had a nice weekend!

14 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Blue and yellow and log cabin ... my favourites! It a great quilt.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, Heather! Congratulations!!

mainely stitching said...

Your quilt is utterly gorgeous!! And you have fun with your friend!!

Carol said...

Beautiful quilt Heather! And, always a treat to see your M. Bastin WIP too! So delicate :-)

Marie said...

You have been quite productive ~ great job on your log cabin quilt!
Four Seasons looks very nice.
My close friends from Texas left a few days ago :-{...enjoy your company.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that quilt is almost inspring... to get this stitcher quilting... almost but stitching has a tight hold on me!

Great progress on your 4 seasons!

Jenna said...

Gorgeous quilt top! You do incredible work. Great progress in the stitching arena, as well. You've been busy! :)

Von said...

Oh my goodness! You've been so busy with a variety of needles lately. :)

Great work!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Everything is looking lovely Heather :)
That quilt can come on over to Indiana anyt ime you get tired of it! LOL!
And your 4 seasons is really looking stupendous!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! The quilt is amazing. Your 4 Seasons is also coming along well - so pretty!

Dawn T. said...

The quilt is gorgeous!! 4 seasons looks wonderful, too

Kathy A. said...

Wow, what a beautiful quilt Heather. That is my dream to one day do a log cabin quilt. Thanks for visiting my blog and the lighthouse was from a 1997 Stony Cree Magazine

Anonymous said...

The quilt top is just awesome!!! and I love the four seasons design :) that's be on my to stitch list forever *lol*
hugs hugs hugs :)

Lennu said...

It's such a beautiful quilt!! You're very talented, I enjoy reading your blog even though I'm always behind in commenting :)