Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas gifties and squishies

I've been working like one of Santa's elves the past few weeks. I finished another quilt! This is the Carpenter Star pattern. I have done about 5 of these now, and highly recommend it for those who are just learning to make a quilt, it is a fun one to do!
I made 6 more of these cute red and white bags, along with a matching pin cushion. Those scraps have gone a long way into making things haven't they?? Gotta love that.
I got the inspiration to make a pin cushion from Carrie's Blog. Her patterns are so pretty, be sure to visit her blog!
Jessie helped me set up for this picture, and when I was getting the photos off of the camera, I came across this picture, she had an idea of her own for the photo shoot I see. :) LOL!
See how guilty she looks?
And I made some little zippered pouches just to try it out. I used a tutorial that is over on my side bar. Super easy, and CUTE! I will make more of these :D
Back to being an elf, lots to do!

8 comments:

Sherry said...

Ohh, I love that quilt pattern and will have to look for it! Also, the colors are just perfect for it! Very warm and cozy looking! Isn't it great to use up scraps on such fun little items!

Karol said...

Great quilt. Love your bags and pincushions.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

You sure do beautiful stitching and I love your Finishes, and especially your Quilt. I am learning to do Quilting and when I was at my friend's house not too long ago I got to Hand Quilt on her Baby Quilt that she is finishing up. I really enjoyed that evening with just her and I Hand Quilting together.

Take care & Happy Stitching/Quilting/Sewing

Carol said...

Gorgeous quilt!!

staci said...

Everything looks wonderful Heather!!! But, gosh I LOVE those little red bags...they're just too cute!

mainely stitching said...

What a busy and talented elf you are!!!!

Wendy said...

I just love seeing all the pics of your sewing - its so inspirational. If only I didn't have to work today...I want to run right to my sewing room and get started :-D

Linda said...

Love all your projects! You have inspired me to sew while my Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake is baking today. Thanks!