Saturday, November 08, 2008

Thanksgiving Exchange from Carol

The past few days have been such fun mail days for me. First I want to show off what Carol made for a Thanksgiving exchange we were in. She is so great, have you been to her blog? If not, you must go and visit, she is a stitching machine! LOL! I mean that in a good way of course, she is very inspirational to me. She made me a pinkeep from a Shepherd's Bush chart, and I LOVE it. She also sent fabric and a pattern to make a bag! I am excited to try it out :) Thanks Carol!!! *hugs*

I heard from Joan that she received the Thanksgiving exchange I sent her. I stitched her a small ornament, and the chart was by Lizzie Kate :)

My friend Karen came over last night to sew with me, and I was all over the place, I could not settle on any one thing to work on for more than 15 minutes. This week I had received a pattern in the mail from This and That called Abby's Treasure Box. So, I made one, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be :P I can see me making many more! It was fun. I want to figure out how to double the size of it, because it's pretty small. I used the red/white fabric scraps I had from cutting out my new quilt! I am not too far, so no pictures of that yet.

I got the binding sewn onto Curren's quilt this morning, so I will start getting that done, and I hope to get Von's NRR done this weekend too! You all have a great weekend!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. :)

4 comments:

staci said...

Very nice Thanksgiving exchanges :) Love that little red bag...I sooo need to learn how to sew, lol!

Anonymous said...

Cute exchanges! I love the red and white bag, it's a great shape!

Lennu said...

Lovely Thanksgiving exchanges! You stitched a beautiful design for Joan. I just wrote to Carol's blog that I always love seeing all the Thanksgiving exchanges, even though it's not celebrated in Finland. I think I just have to stitch a Thanksgiving design too, as I like the idea :)

Your red and white box looks great, I love those fabrics and can't wait to see your quilt! Happy Sunday :)

Wendy said...

Great Thanksgiving exchange pieces! And I love your red and white bag - very cute!