Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Quilt musing...

I wanted to say Thank You for those who have left me such encouraging comments on my quilting endeavors! It means so much to me. I tend to sew alone, and “wing it” or teach myself, and I always doubt myself. I think I am doing it wrong, or there could be a better way. Blogging has been good for me, I’ve met so many other people who love to quilt and it encourages me to try harder things and just go for it. So, thanks to all of you for giving me the courage to try harder :) You are all awesome!

I was reading through Crazy Mom Quilts blog today. I found a post where she has written out the things she uses when she sews. I found her favorite threads were from Connecting Threads. I decided to give them a try, their thread is really inexpensive and you get a lot of it for your money. I’ll let you know what I think after I use it. Also, I ordered some “machine quilting gloves” I laughed when I saw them. But I need something grippy on my hands, I hope it’ll help me with the free motion quilting I’ve been doing. Plus they were only a few bucks, if they don’t work, I can use them for gardening lol!

For those of you who asked if I am doing this on a regular machine, yes I am. I bought a Babylock Quilter’s Choice machine last year, and it came with a free motion quilting foot. I am sure if your machine has a free motion foot you would be able to do this. Let me know if you try it out.

March Review

Stitch one block on Shores of Hawk Run *not really, finished one, started another about ½ way done*
Make a Jo Morton mini quilt *no*
Finish tablerunners for my bedroom *finished 2 of 5*
Make 3 Abby’s treasure box bags *no*
Start quilting Cherie’s quilt *yes*
Finish Nikki’s baby quilt *yes!!*

April may not be a really productive month for me, there is a lot going on.
April Goals
Stitch one block on Shores of Hawk Run
Finish 3 tablerunners for my bedroom
Make 3 Abby’s treasure box bags
Finish Cherie’s Quilt

2 comments:

Siobhán said...

Good luck with your April goals! I used to order from Connecting Threads & was very happy with their service. The quilting gloves sound interesting!! LOL

Loraine said...

Hi Heather,

Just got my quilting gloves too. I think you will help a lot!
Good luck on the goals. I've got to post mine today!
Have a good one.