Thursday, May 21, 2009

Plans, always making Plans

So, I’ve been thinking about all of these projects that I’d like to get done in the upcoming summer months. There are so many! How about you, do you have any plans on what you want to make this summer? Anything new to you, that you’ve never done before? It’s pretty fun to think of all of the things you want to try.

Jessie, my 7 year old, has commissioned me to make her some table runners for her dresser and armoire. She even went so far as to go through my stash and pick some things out. She is a girl after my own heart :) Well, she saw the Pop Garden quilt I am making right now, and she really likes that fabric. So, I am thinking I’ll get some more of it and make 2 quilts (I’ve already got 1 started) for her bunk bed, so they match… some table runners and some curtains too. Then maybe we can paint her room and spiff it up for her.
Okay, these pictures were taken several years ago, but the room is essentially the same, no curtains, mis-matched blankets on the bed, etc. It just needs to be "put together" I think. Consider is a before photo :D
I want to make a skirt, or a few anyway! The book I picked up Sew What! Skirts is going to be a lot of fun, so many options. Have you made a skirt before?

And of course there are some old UFO in my closet that need some love. I hope to get at least one of those quilts completed this summer. There are several Christmas tablerunners I’ve begun too, and I want to get them done so I can give them as gifts at Christmas time.

Do you think of your handmade Christmas gifts now as well?

Mark and I have been mulling over updating our kitchen and dining room floors, and our downstairs bathroom. We’ve already updated our living room, and we’d like to finish the downstairs now. The problem is, there are too many options, hardwoods, or tile? What color of paint? And the list goes on… it is fun to think about, just hard to nail it down you know. It doesn’t help that I have subscribed to Coastal Living magazine.
I like every single room pictured in them, and it makes it really hard to decide LOL!

6 comments:

loulee said...

Do you have time to pop over and do my room too? Your little girl is sure to love a room make over.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my....will you make me matching quilts, runners and curtains too?! :)
I dreamed about redoing my decor last night....

Linda said...

Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you! I love it that you actually follow through on your plans! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures - whenever that is!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Sounds like lots of great ideas, but it's a long weekend. They are just made for dreaming. CJ ok;-)

Loraine said...

I'm so behind on my commenting. I'll have to make comments on your last 2 posts.
I love your red and white quilt. So adorable. Your idea for "pop Garden" will be so cute in your daughters bedroom. It's fun to redecorate!
I haven't made any skirts yet, but have plans for several. I'm waiting for school to get out, and then it will be a marathon week of sewing (I hope!)
Love the books you got. I've seen the weekend sewing book, and contemplated getting it several times, but the skirt book is new to me, and it looks like a goody! Let me know how it goes.
Your really making progress on "shores"! Great job!
Have a great weekend.

Deb L said...

I stop by and read your blog every so often, but don't think I've commented before (who knows, my brain is swiss cheese). Anyhow, I love seeing your quilts and stitching. :)

Regarding the curtains, I'd suggest picking a neutral eyelet lace for the curtain itself, maybe white or cream, whichever goes best with the colors for the runners and quilts; and then making tiebacks out of the same fabrics you use for the runners and quilts. If that makes sense. The curtains could even be edged with some of the colorful fabrics.

And possibly make a couple throw pillows out of colorful cloth, and give them eyelet ruffles. If she likes girly stuff like that. :)