Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shores of Hawk Run Hollow Progresses

I did it, the big ship block in the middle is done. *Happy Dance!* I am happy with how Shores of Hawk Run Hollow is turning out. I still have 6 more squares to stitch, but I am okay with that. I am stitching this on a 32 count linen using DMC threads. I am glad I am using DMC because it seems I have to go to JoAnn’s a lot to pick up extra skeins of one color or another. This uses a lot of thread!
The Sisters Quilt show in Sisters, Oregon was going on last week. Sisters is about 3 hours from my house. For the past few years I have been really wanting to go, but could never make it work. Well, next year I am going. My boss has a vacation home close to Sisters and I reserved it for a long weekend next year! I am so excited about it. My friend Colleen was able to go this year, and she really enjoyed it. We are going to make sure we get up there next year.

The reason why I didn’t go this weekend was because my son Curren was baptized! He is such a good kid, I am proud of him. After his baptism we had close friends come to our house to have dinner and swim. Saturday was a great day for us.

Vonna, the awesome stitching fiend, recently posted a tutorial on how to frame a cross stitch. She is so awesome at tutorials. Thanks Vonna! I went to Michaels the other day and acquired all of the materials to do this, and will re-frame my Sunflower House finish. It’s embarrassingly bad, I will now correct that big mistake. I have a few more I’d like to frame sometime too, this is great!

My sister in law Stephanie is in town this week with her two boys Brigham and Porter. They are so much fun. Not a lot will be getting done this week, except playing! We are going to the Portland Zoo on Wednesday.

I have not sewed in about 3 weeks! I am having some serious withdrawls here. Due to having company, and being away for long weekends I’ve had no time. I have big plans in the upcoming weeks. Jessie’s room will have a makeover! I’ve slowly been buying new decorations, and figuring out how I want to paint her furniture (I think all white). Curtains have been purchased so I can re-make them into something I want, a quilt has been basted and needs quilting now. And so on and so forth :)

Lots going on over here, life is good!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Woo Hoo on Block #6. It looks fantastic. I just put in the first stitches into that Block this weekend and I don't know if I'm dreading it or am going to love it. It seems so large! But yours looks wonderful and it's really giving me the will to keep going! You mentioned having 6 more blocks to stitch - well you're further along than you thought - that Block really counts as two blocks - so you only have five more to go. See, you're going to be finished in no time! LOL

Vonna's tutorial is really good. I saw her post last week and decided to try it myself and I love the results. Very simple and straightforward!

Sounds like you have a lot of things lined up on your plate to do, but hopefully you'll get in some stitching and quilting time.

mainely stitching said...

Congratulations!! Wow, that's a HUGE block. When I re-start, I'm not starting with this one again! LOL!

Katrina said...

Wow your SoHRH is really coming along! Love it.

Can't wait to see what you do with your DD room!

Kathy A. said...

Wow, that is one gorgeous block. I love the blues in this one.
summer seems so busy and stitching and sewing time suffer. But those summer days are so short! Enjoy.
I am sure your newest projects will be wonderful.

Von said...

Rejoicing with you for Curren's baptism - what a blessing for your family.
Being a great quilt admirer, tho not a creator of them, I would love to go to the awesome Sisters festival. So glad you're making plans for next year!

Meredith said...

Great stitching on the middle block - it's beautiful! I love that pattern. I am stitching Sunflower House next so I'm looking forward to seeing your framing via Vonna's method as I am going to try that as well! Enjoy your summer days! Mere

Brigitte said...

This big block of Shores is worth a Happy Dance.

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on finishing up the biiiiiiiig block! I'm happy dancing for you. Most especially, though, congratulations to your son on his baptism!

Marie said...

You really are making progress on TThe Shores ~ beautiful!

Lucky you to like that close to the 3 Sisters show. Someone told e that it is a large ourdoor quilt show but they do not have vendors, is that true?

Why not plan a trip to Houston International Quilt Festival and stay with me? :D

MamaT said...

Wow! I love all your quilts. You sure get a lot done. I would never tackle a big quilt like that red one on my home machine. You did a great job!