Friday, December 11, 2009

Puzzle Play is DONE, that is right, DONE!

Puzzle Play is a quilt I started over the summer. I bought a kit at Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe probably a year ago for this quilt. Guess what? They still have some too! Go to this LINK and you can get one if you want. I love the kits I've bought from this shop, they do such a nice job of putting them together.

The fabric is by Amy Butler. When I saw the fabrics I loved them, but had no idea what I could make with them, they overwhelm me. Well, the kit I bought is what encouraged me to use them, it looks so fun doesn't it?
It took awhile to piece the quilt, and then I could not figure out how to quilt it. It's pretty big 76" x 86". I was inspired again by the lovely blogs I read and saw Pebble Quilting. I started it and after a few bobbins realized it'd take me forever, but you know what? I took my time and got it done. I love the outcome, it has a really nice feel. It took approximetly 22 bobbins.
I was reading a blog called Free Motion Quilting. She wrote a really good post about quilting your own large quilts, it's a great one for those of you wondering how to go about it.

7 comments:

Nic said...

That quilt is fabulous! Well done! The pebble quilting really sets it off.

Mrs. J said...

Beautiful quilt like always!

Wendy said...

That's a gorgeous quilt - congrats on getting your quilting done! But 22 bobbins!!! That's incredible. I finally just finished machine quilting a 54x54" quilt (birthday present!) and it seemed to take forever. I had nowhere near 22 bobbins though - more like 8 or so.

Karan said...

Another stunning quilt. :0)

Brigitte said...

Gorgeous!

Kristyne said...

Dude! This is wicked awesome! I think it is so cool how every person that does stones seems to have a "signature" somehow. Grids are grids, but stones come from the personality of the quilter. Thanks for sharing! ;)

MysteryKnitter said...

Wow what a quilt! Be proud of your achievement.