Saturday, May 21, 2011

Garden Trellis Quilt Done!

I finished up the Garden Trellis quilt this week, and I am so pleased with it! I used a Martinique Jelly Roll, designed by 3 Sisters. I love pretty much every fabric line that 3 Sisters designs, they always seem to match my house :)
I've been drooling over my Jelly Roll Quilts book for a few years now, and finally made a quilt from it! The pattern is called Garden Trellis. It went together easily, the hardest part was most of the fabrics in this collection are lighter toned, so I had to be careful how I placed the strips so that it didn't blend together.
This quilt is going to be given to Jessie's teacher Mrs. McCullum. I am making another quilt right now for her other teacher Mrs. Petrick. I hope I can get the second one done in a few weeks! The backing is pieced, I need to baste, quilt and bind it though... hmmm...
I found the backing on clearance at Craft Warehouse for$4/yard SCORE! It matches really well, I am happy about that, and it's my fave color, AQUA. Mmmm.
After taking photos of this quilt, I am realizing it really matches my beachy decor. Oh no.
I may have to keep it! (yeah right)

12 comments:

JustPam said...

Very pretty. I have a couple of patterns I want to make from that book.

Melody said...

What a beauty! I love the fabrics and colors. You must think a lot of the teachers.... :)

LiahonaGirl said...

Just lovely! Did you quilt it on a home machine, or long-arm? The quilting is great!

Amy said...

The Garden Trellis party is absolutely beautiful in Martinique!

Judith said...

It looks perfect in your decor, yeah looks like you have to keep it.

Katrina said...

That quilt is just gorgeous!!!! I love it and that must be one special teacher :-).

Suburban Stitcher said...

It turned out gorgeous! Again...I'm so jealous that you can work on Stella and do anything else right now! It's completely monopolizing all of my quilting brain...and space!

Just Jenn said...

*Another* beauty!

Kathy A. said...

Absolutely stunning girl! I love this one. What a lucky teacher to receive such a treasure.

Deb said...

Love that quilt and the fabrics that you used for it.

Lennu said...

What a beautiful quilt and what wonderful gifts quilts are for teachers!

MysteryKnitter said...

Stunning work!