Friday, April 20, 2012

500th Post!

As I was getting ready to make a post, I noticed this is my 500th post!  Holy guacamole! :-)  That is a lot of blogging about my hobby isn't it?  I am happy to say, I still love blogging, and making things, and sharing with all of you out there.  Thank you for taking interest in my projects, it has been so much fun!

I have a quilt finish to share today!  I am thrilled with how this quilt turned out.  It has a new to me element in it.  Gray fabric.  This quilt has a lot of gray prints, mixed in with faded yellows, greens and aquas.  I wanted a spring quilt, and this is perfect!
I used the pattern Dream Big from the book Simplify by Camille Roskelley.  I'd been wanting to do a quilt using the "plus" pattern forever.  The fabrics are mostly Curio by Basic Grey for Moda.  I also used Hometown and Sunkissed by Sweetwater prints, and assorted Basic Grey fabrics from other lines.
The Curio fabric is beautiful!  The colors sucked me right in, I only ordered some yardage of about 9 prints, and have enjoyed them a lot.  Notice my new living room carpet (eep!!  It's so great!!)  Wait a minute, how'd that Nerf football thing get in the picture?  Kids!!  Keeping it real haha!
The pattern was really easy to follow, the hardest thing was layout, but once that was done, it went quickly.  I can't wait to try out other patterns from the book. I did straight line quilting using my walking foot and a light grey thread.  The back is a mishmash of stash fabric.  I used up several pieces that have been hanging out in my stash for years, and some of the Curio Yardage as well.  I had fun throwing it together.
Have a fantastic weekend everybody, and thank you for stopping by.

12 comments:

Katrina said...

Really gorgeous!!!! And congrats on 500 posts too :-)!!!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

it's beautiful! love the colors and pattern. the pieced back is great too!

Longvacation said...

Congrats on your posting accomplishments.

Your quilt is gorgeous. It has such a lovely color combination; looks so refreshing.

Deb said...

Your quilt is very pretty Heather! And congratulations on your 500th post. That's a lot of hobby blogging, but everyone likes seeing what you do.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Great quilt! I love the gray. I haven't used it yet either, but I really like the way it coordinates with your pretty fabric. I'm thinking I ought to add some to my stash. Very pretty!

Susan said...

I love all of your quilts but this one really speaks to me. Great use of this fabric!

Congratulations on your 500th post!

charlotte said...

very pretty. I love the colors in this.

Kathy A. said...

Congrats on the big milestone.
Beautiful quilt. I am not a huge fan of gray either and I love how it all came together.

Loraine said...

Wow!!! Congrats on 500 posts. That is wonderful!
All your quilts are amazing, and this one is not exception. Fabulous! I am amazed at how good you are at quilting them on your machine. I love the colors of this one, and the back is super fun!
Have a great weekend.

Siobhán said...

That is SOOOOO pretty! I've been reading through all of your past entries and drooling over your quilts--I covet your Stella Blue! LOL It is so nice. I'm thinking about buying the Miss Rosie book and am glad to hear that you like it so much.

Congrats on the 500! You go girl!

Megan said...

What a cute finish! The prints you picked out coordinate beautifully! And the back is just as lovely as the front.

MysteryKnitter said...

Wow what a quilt.