Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bitty Treat Bags

So Easter was going to happen, and at church I work with the Young Women (12-18 year olds).  I really wanted to make them something, but to make 20-somethings can be difficult right?  I settled on the Small Treat Totes that Miss Monica of the Happy Zombie designed.  It takes 2 fat quarters to make 4 bags, and I had fun pulling fabrics for this project.
So here they are 20 super cute adorable Easter gifties.  I filled them with grass and candy :-)

The girls loved them, yay!!  
And in other news, I finished my pillow, sorry it is wrinkled a bit, we have been using it!  I used the Faux Pleated Pillow tutorial from V&Co.  It went together easily, instead of using a jelly roll, I used fat quarters.  I love how it turned out!
The weather has been crazy here in Portland, it rains, and rains... then the sun comes out for a few hours, then it rains some more.  It has given me a lot of time to be indoors sewing, which is a blessing and a curse!  haha!!

7 comments:

jlk said...

Those bags are so cute! Could they fit scriptures in them?

Deb said...

What great projects. Those bags are an adorable idea and I know that everyone loved them. And I love your pillow too.

Maddie Cat said...

LOVE your little treat bags. SO cute! We have been making your scripture totes for our Young Women and they LOVE them. Even our girls who don't come to church are so appreciative when we bring them the bags. (One even came to church the next week with her scriptures in her bag!) Thanks so much for sharing!

Meredith said...

These bags are wonderful! And, so sweet of you to make them for all the girls! They must have been so excited to receive them. I am taking my 1st quilting class (and loving it!) You and your quilts are a HUGE inspiration to me! I'm making a star baby quilt for my first one. When I had to pick out colors for it - 8 fabrics - one fabric for each star - I used your blog to help me with colors! Thanks so much for sharing all you do! Meredith

Quilter Kathy said...

What lovely and generous gifs!

sew katie did said...

what nice gifts. The pillow is fab and I love the use of mendocino in that quilt!

MysteryKnitter said...

What a cute pillow! So sea-ish. I mean when I look at the picture of your pillow it makes me think of the sea.