Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dash away All, Christmas in April

I'm on a Christmas kick apparently.  I recently finished my Holiday Happy quilt, and now I finished my Dash Away All cross stitch!  This went really quick, which I appreciated.  I worked on it a lot while watching my son do Taekwondo.  The repetative pattern made it easy peasy.
I've had this in my stash for a long time, and I was happy to finally make it.
The chart is by Henzeit, and the kit came with the fabric and bells, I chose threads from my stash of lovely overdyed threads.
My fave part?  The bells, so cute :-)  I plan on getting this framed and hanging it around Christmas time.

Next cross stitch project?  I BIG GIANT one.  It's a Dimensions Kit, and it is called Thunder Ridge.  My sister gave it to me as a gift several years ago, and finally it's seeing the light of day.  This one will take me awhile, so I'll probably work on other small ones along with it, but that's okay, I like big projects.  I am CUH-RAY-ZY LOL!

5 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Your Christmas cross stitch is so cute! I did not need to see Thunder Ridge...I did not need to see Thunder Ridge...repeat. :) I just finished a 16x16" cross stitch. It was solid stitching and I kept telling myself I would not start another big project. Thunder Ridge is just down my alley. What size is it? Sigh.

Deb said...

Such a sweet finish. I love those bells too. Your next project looks really ambitious, but it's going to be pretty.

Marie said...

Yah...Glad to see some cross stitch on your blog. LOL

quirky granola girl said...

that christmas cross stitch is *adorable*! way to go!

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice that Thunder Ridge. You will stitch it in no time.