Friday, February 22, 2013

Sampler Quilt Finished

I was able to finish this quilt on Thursday afternoon, right on time to bring it to the Portland Modern Quilt Guild for show and tell.  From what I can find on my blog, I started teaching this class at my church for learning quilt blocks in 2010.  This lovely quilt sat unfinished in one of my bins for a few years, isn't that just sad??
It was a dark, rainy day today, so I couldn't get the colors quite right in the photos!  It's a very bright and happy quilt :)
I had most of the quilt top pieced and it took me about 15 minutes to finish it.... so silly of me to hide it away like that.
I did a meandering loop-de-loop pattern on it using white thread.
I had two blocks leftover, so I pieced them into a back, using up some of my stash!
I love a finished quilt!
P.S. it's for sale in my Etsy shop!

Now go and bust out one of your old projects and finish it up!


Felicity said...

Oh wow, very lovely!

Kathy A. said...

Lovely sampler quilt. Love the colors

MysteryKnitter said...

I have this stitching (actually needlepointing) WIP I have delayed for months. I think it's time to stitch it some more. I admit I have made some stitches to it already, but it's time that it must be finished.