Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Winter Wonderland Sampler

Can you believe it, I've been cross stitching regularly for the past few months!  I picked up the Kawaii Winter Wonderland Sampler over at the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  I really enjoyed this one, it's silly and adorable.  Also, it is a very easy cross stitch.
I think the little owl is my favorite one, or maybe the yeti?  I can't decide they all are too cute!  There was some krienek gold thread used in this, and that adds a nice sparkle to it.
I took this everywhere!  My son is in Taekwondo 2-4 times a week, so I stitched most of it watching him do that.   I took it on vacation with us to Hawaii and stitched on a beach chair.  I took it to Colorado to hang out with my sister.  I have a lot of great memories when I look at it.  I think I'm going to frame it to hang at Christmas.
My next cross stitch project is the Woodland Sampler from the same company, the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  It has cute deer and a raccoon so far, it's a monthly sampler!  It will be fun to work on this year.  My heart is mostly devoted to quilting, but I just have to stitch something.

2 comments:

charlotte said...

Stitching is nice because it's portable. Yours turned out lovely.

MysteryKnitter said...

My stitching desire is coming back to me. I've been one crazy knitter lately, but I think it's time to switch to stitching now.