Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Triple Crown Quilt Finished

I did it, I came in under the wire, it took me *almost* one year to complete this quilt.   I started this quilt last year at Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe, at a class with Sandy Klop.  She was such a sweetheart, and I learned a lot from her!  I wrote a big post about it.  It took me awhile to finish because of those silly appliqued circles, I didn't know how to get them on there, and finally one of my friends inspired me, and I got them done.  After that it was a quick finish.  The pattern is called Triple Crown and you can find it at the American Jane website.

The sun is shining here, so I took it outside for some pictures.
I love the zigzag edges!
I did a meandering loop-de-loop quilting pattern on it with white thread.
I love the colors, it used a Bliss jellyroll by Bonnie & Camille for Moda, and some other matching fabrics that were needed.  I but a Bliss aqua dot flannel on the back, and it's super soft.  I can't wait to start using it!

5 comments:

Deb said...

It looks wonderful. I love those Bliss fabrics!!

Katrina said...

It's so gorgeous!!!!! I love the colors :-). Congrats on the finish.

stacy dean said...

Love IT! And I think the sides are so unique since they are not straight. :) You are one talented lady ;)

Lurline said...

Just lovely - what a thrill for you!
Hugs - Lurline.

MysteryKnitter said...

Lovely quilt.