I am in love with Navy right now, I am adding it to all of my quilts lately. It's a manly color right? I knew I couldn't go wrong with it. It started out small. I wanted to add a pop of color, so I chose lime green. I dug out all of the navy and gray from my stash and cut 2-1/4" strips from the fabrics.
I added a few rows a day.
I got to where I liked the size and decided to add a border.
I added another skinny 1/2" lime green border all of the way around and then swapped the border colors to be opposite. My husband suggested it saying it gave the "pyramids" a base. Good choice!
I used up my leftover navy strips and made them into the binding.
I had a lot of fun quilting this quilt too!
Mat and Amber loved their quilt, it was so fun to make, and I finished the binding on the airplane, I was so glad to have it done in time!