Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A sweet Posy baby quilt

This little quilt was inspired by a stack of left over fabric pieces I had.  I made a quilt a few months ago using the fabric line Posy, by Moda.  It's just so sweet.  I wasn't ready to be done with it yet, so I cut a bunch of 2-1/2" squares from the remnants and added a few other prints in to round it out a bit.  I just love this one.  It feels good to have another quilt finished!
I did some straight line quilting on it, following the sashing.  The backing is a cute print by Sarah Jane, it's little hopscotch prints!  

This quilt is available for purchase in my Etsy Shop!
This quilt was another successful attempt at using up scrap pieces.  It can be done!  I am slowly becoming a believer :)
 Have your kids gone back to school?  My son started MIDDLE SCHOOL this year you guys.  This is the beginning of the end isn't it?  I'm not ready for my kids to get this big.  Of course they'll disagree with me, they are ready to grow up.
  Have a lovely week!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

10 comments:

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

Wow I love, love, love your Posy quilt! It's so beautiful that I've pinned it :)

hydeeannsews said...

I think you did a fabulous job with all those sweet scraps. I'm a big fan of scraps. :) They spread the fun out longer. Very cute quilt.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute quilt...love it! Stopping by from WIP. Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute quilt!

charlotte said...

Very cute use of scraps. And yes, they grow up too quickly!

Karee said...

Love the crispness!
And yes, life changes so quickly. But this can also be considered The Beginning of New Beginnings.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Beautiful quilt Heather!
And your babies...yes, sadly it is the beginning of the end. Katie is a sophomore this year and the boys are 8th graders. I'll have three high schoolers next year....BUT redemption is: I have Ellie who is in Elementary school for a long time yet!! HURRAY! I'm not a dried up old lady yet....

Cloud CouCou said...

Gorgeous quilt. I really should have bought some of this fabric I love those colours, they make me drool :)

Sabrina said...

That quilt is so adorable!

MysteryKnitter said...

Awesome kids & quilt.