Friday, August 17, 2007

Quilt Blocks galore :)

I have been feeling sick this week, I had to stay home from work on Monday, and have had a stomach ache ever since. Curren was sick today, so I stayed home from work to take care of him. He seems to be okay now though, so that is good! I haven't been doing much this week, just haven't felt that good. But today I got 3 blocks done for the birthday block exchange I am in.

Weathervane Block:


Sunlight and Shadows block:

Wyoming Valley Block:

I tried to make a few that were a bit more difficult. I think I did okay! I usually can never get my seams to be perfect, so oh well :P It was fun making different blocks though! I really liked the Wyoming Valley block, I think that'd make a great quilt top, with several of them all laid out.

Last July I started a Block of the Month with a group at church. We got all of our blocks done. I am working on putting the top together. I am going to put two more borders on this quilt, then it'll be completed.


We have had a good crop of cucumbers this year, our tomatoes are still green, I wonder why they aren't red yet? We have dozens of them on the plants. I am sure they'll all turn red at the same time so we will get sick of them really fast LOL!

Everyone have a nice weekend!

13 comments:

Sue said...

Your quilting is beautiful ;)

Cathy said...

The blocks are beautiful! And don't the kids look so pleased with their harvest.

Von said...

So sorry you haven't felt very well this week, Heather! Hope both you and Curren are feeling better soon so you'll all have a nice weekend!

Your quilt blocks are so colorful! I also really liked your bags! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. :)

Andrea said...

Holy cow! What are you going to do with all of those cucumbers? Matt didn't eat dinner one night because I put cucumbers in the pasta stuff I made. I didn't realize he hated them so bad until then. (I was upset about it, but I guess it was his loss.)

Lennu said...

Beautiful blocks! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing also all this beautiful quilting here :) Hopefully you'll feel better soon, have a happy weekend!

mainely stitching said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. I hope you're feeling fine for the weekend. :)

Those are some very lovely quilting projects. Your talent is inspiring!

Edda said...

I am sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you´re feeling better now. I love seeing your quilt blocks, they are so colourful and nice. It will be lovely when the tomatoes turn red.

jane said...

I love your bright colors! And I always enjoy seeing your blog. Everytime I look at it I vow to start my quilt....and then somehow...I don't.

Look at all of those cukes! I have a really good, and easy, relish recipe if you want it. I used to make it [back in my gardening/pickling/canning days - oh...thirty some years ago.] Makes great Christmas presents. Hollar if you want it.

jane said...

PS And your kids are soooo cute!

Chiloe said...

Waow! your quilts are great !!! I stitched the four seasons a while ago and I loved it!!!

Seems like you are a great gardener!!! Have thought about freezing some of your harvest? ;-)

I'll come back to check your blog!!!

Kathy said...

Love the quilt blocks. The R/W/B quilt is wonderful. Hope you are feeling better.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful quilt blocks & quilt!

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice harvest you have there.