Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Mermaids are back!

Well, guess what I’ve been working on for the past few nights?? Cindy! I got the Mermaids of the Deep Blue out again! I haven’t worked on them for such a long time. I got burned out on the beading, and then I figured out why. I was using a DMC thread that matched the bead color, well on this project there are SO MANY beads. And a lot of bead colors all mixed together. I finally figured out to use clear quilting thread (duh) and it has gone way faster. I am so much happier beading now. It still bores me, but that is alright. Anyway, I’ve worked on them for two nights now, and several hours.

Where I stopped on 3/11/07(oh my gosh, it’s been that long!?!):

And here I am now on 10/2/07:

I got most of the beads on the mermaid on the left now. I have to backstitch them as well, but that should not take too long. Anyway it’s good to be working on them again :)

Also, I received a comment from Sunflowergrl922 regarding my Trip Around the World Quilt. I couldn’t find any way to email you back! You had asked where I got this pattern. Well, to be honest, I made it up :) It is a simple pattern to do, I took graph paper, started in the middle and drew it out from there. You need to choose the fabrics/colors you want first. If you read this leave me your email and I’d be happy to walk you through it okay? Can’t wait to hear back from you!

13 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Good grief, that's just too beautiful for words!! Your progress is incredible. And what is that gorgeous linen?

Lennu said...

Oh how beautiful!! The beads look so pretty, good luck for beading! It will be stunning when finished.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, they are looking gorgeous! SUPER Heather :)

Dawn T. said...

Mermaids is gorgeous! Great job:)

Nicole said...

Your Mermaids are gorgeous! I know you will be so happy to have them finished!! :)

Andrea said...

Wow-very impressive!

staci said...

WOW!!! Those look amazing, the beads are just the absolute finishing touch!!!

Stitcher said...

The beading looks great, glad I was able to inspire you. I think you will be finished with this before I finish MOP though.

Dani - tkdchick said...

The beading looks just awesome! What great colour and shimmer!

Anonymous said...

oooooooooooooooooooooo! What lovely mermaids! I have also had you in my reader for several months, can't remember if I have ever left a comment, I probably have. Your mermaids are divine! I purchased an already stitched Mirabilia Mermaid (Shimmering Mermaid, on ebay) which is at the framers now, I know I cheated. It will be posted on my blog soon. Thanks for popping over to see my blog.

Sharon said...

They look fabulous!

Carol said...

Nice to see your mermaids again! And, there is barely anything left to stitch now!!

Michelle said...

Oh they're stunning! So glad you've been working on them again! I can't wait to start mine!