Monday, January 07, 2008

Pincushions are cool

So, I was looking and looking for an issue of Quilts and More magazine from this past summer, and never could find one, because of a pincushion pattern I wanted to make Soooooo bad. Anyway, Colleen hooked me up last week with the pattern, she had it! I learned about the designer Heather Bailey, who is really cute. Go see her blog and drool over the pretty colors and her fabrics, and see her studio (to die for!). Talk about inspiring, I almost bought her whole collection today, but stopped myself LOL! You can find this pattern through her blog too, well imagine that, so you all need to go and make some of these right now because they are adorable.

Here is my version, I doubled it in size though, the pattern I printed would have been 2" x 2", I made mine 4" x 4" x 1-1/2" deep.





I will be making many more of these for sure, all of the cute ribbons and buttons, oh so fun :D

Also, I've been working on a Holly Jolly quilt. I bought the charm packs of this fabric, so it made it go pretty quick. I didn't have enough of the 5" sqaures however to make it as big as I wanted so I made 5 star blocks to go with the other blocks. Here is my top all done now:





I have a red flannel with white snowflakes for the backing, and I'll tie it to finish it :D I know it's a bit late for a Christmas quilt, but hey... I tried. Next up on the list is finishing the top of my Grandma's log cabin quilt. Wish me luck!

16 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Both quilts are really lovely...I mean REALLY gorgeous! Congrats!!
And that pincushion...well I just want to go make one myself! Thanks for the link!

Wendy said...

Great quilt, Heather! I'm still in the Christmas-y crafting mood too. And I love the little pincushion, I must go off to get the pattern :-D

tintocktap said...

I see what you mean about the pin cushion - it's gorgeous! I really love your quilt too.

Cathy said...

I love the pin cushion, it's adorable! And hey, you finished that quilt closer to Christmas than I would have. It's beautiful.

mainely stitching said...

What adorable quilting projects you've been busy with!!!

staci said...

That pincushion is just too cute!!! I really must have one!!! And your quilt, so cute and festive!

Sue said...

Cute pincushion and GORGEOUS quilt. You make so many lovely quilts, this one is certainly a beauty ;)

Angie said...

I love your quilt!! I've been having a love affair with the Holly Jolly fabric since it hit the store. Haven't made a thing from it yet...but I do just LOVE it!! Your quilt is just wonderful....and ooooh, red flannel with snowflakes for the back!!! Your pincushion is really really cute too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love your use of the Charm Pack for Holly Jolly, thanks for sharing. Great looking different pincushion.

Andrea said...

Very nice. You do such a great job!

Lennu said...

Oh what a lovely quilt! I just love the quilts you make, the colours are so pretty in this one too! The pincushion is adorable :)

Dawn T. said...

Great job on the pincushion!! Your quilts are beautiful:)

Marie said...

I do not spend as much time in the quilt shops these days, too much cross stitching, so I am not familiar with this Holly Jolly Fabric...It looks wonderful in your quilt!
Hey, thanks for the link to the pincushion pattern! I will definately make some and I may try to make one with a cross stitch top.

Anonymous said...

That pincushion is way cute! Your Holly Jolly quilt is coming along nicely, too.

jane said...

i love the quilt

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice pillow.