Friday, July 31, 2009

Another block done :)

Hi everyone, how are you doing on this hot sweltering day of July?? In case you couldn't tell, I am hot, the weather here has reached record highs, as in 107 degrees plus some humidity. We Oregonians are not used to such hot weather, and so we are confused. Anyway, our week has been great because we have been outdoors in water and staying cool. We have been to the rivers, oceans and our pool to stay cool, and boy, I love it!
I managed to finish another block on Shores of Hawk Run, awesome right?! I did the moon block. The moon is cool, it's like a patchwork moon, I love it. And I love the saying on it too.
Look how honkin' huge this piece is! I can't believe how big it's turning out.
Well, no sewing has been happening due to my house being a furnace, I bet I could make brownie batter, set it on the counter and it'd bake. Holy cow! So, my sewing machine is put away for now. I did get the blocks cut out for Jessie's second quilt, so there was a bit of progress.

I did read the book Cold Mountain (it helped me cool off in this heat) and I really enjoyed it, and will never complain about how hard my life is again, seriously! The hard lives people had in the 1800's is stunning, I can't even imagine living back then... I am going to see the movie now.

I must go, friends are coming over to swim, and tomorrow my cousin and his family are visiting for a week! I gotta get my house clean for them :) Enjoy your week my friends!!

10 comments:

Kellie said...

Your Shores looks fantastic! :) I live in KY, and we have had the coolest July in history. It is usually sweltering hot here. (Not that I am complaining). :)

Siobhán said...

Woohoo! It looks beautiful, congrats on finishing another block! Stay cool!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lookie there! Another block bites the dust :)
And your swimming pictures...darling! I especially love the one of Jesse, She looks like she's holding on for dear life...

Sherry said...

Shores is just looking beautiful! I am loving this more and more as I see it grow! I usually don't quilt in the hot summer months.

Marie said...

I see that we are sharing the Texas heat with those in OR! It is dreadful I know and I do hope that things cool down for you...Stay inside and crank the AC.
Your Shores is GORGEOUS! I am impressed with your progress.
Enjoy your company~

Deb said...

Shores looks fantastic. You're making such great progress. I'm on that same block, but with all the activities going on here I haven't had a minute to stitch it.

Meredith said...

These are great pictures of your kids in action! Looks like a great time. Your Shore's is beautiful! Chomping at the bit to see how Jessie's room is coming along. Just got bunk beds for my girl's room so have to now do the bedding, etc... One has been in a crib and the other in a bed so nothing is matching at the moment. Looking forward to doing this with my 6 year olds help and inspiration from Jessie's room!

Sonda said...

Shores is looking great! Can't believe we went from such hot weather to such gray muggy wet weather...that's Oregon for ya!

Brigitte said...

Wow, Shores looks gorgeous! Great progress pictures.
Hmmm, I also read books that are set in a cold region or in the winter when it's really hot outside. Helps a bit, lol.

Nicole said...

Shores is looking great!! Congrats on finishing another block! I love Cold Mountain. I read the book adn then watched the movie. Have you seen the movie?? It's so good! I always cry and cry at the end.