Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's baby time

I received an invite to a baby shower two weeks ago. It's a double baby shower... and last Saturday I decided that I was going to make them both a quilt. As the week went on, I realized I bit off more than I could chew, but I perservered, and finished them both! Woo!

The fabric I used was in my stash, and you guys, the more I dug around in it, the more I realized I have so much, and don't need more. Even though that doesn't stop me :)

Hailey is having a boy, and I found these bright prints. The lighthouses are by Jim Shore, they are so cute! They look like they have quilt patterns on them. I like this quilt, it's pretty big, but that means they can use it for a long time. I pieced the back with all of the leftover fabric, yay!
I did a meandering stipple quilting on it.
And Lisa is having a girl. I found lots of baby print fat quarters in my fat quarter tub, and ironed them out. I think I've had some of them for four years or more, it's about time I used them. I made a coin quilt, by strip piecing. It went really fast. The white fabric strips are flannel.
I also used the left over strips to make the binding :) Gotta love it.
I've been busy getting school supplies, clothes, having fun with my cousin and his family, sewing, and everything in between. I really love summer, but I'm getting pretty exhausted :D Tonight I am having several girlfriends over for a sewing party, I can't wait.
Now, off to the baby shower.

12 comments:

Lurline said...

Great gifts - I bet the new mums-to-be are thrilled!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Brigitte said...

Wow, two quilts in one week - do you have smoking scissors and needles and a smoking sewing machine??? Lol. They look terrific, both of them, and the recipients will be so pleased.

Meredith said...

Heather, These are beautiful! Your friends must be so excited. What a thoughtful gift for each of them! Hope you have a good weekend! Mere

Katrina said...

Wow they are both gorgeous! I am sure the new mom's will be thrilled.

Karan said...

What beautiful gifts - they're sure to be a hit. :0)

Loraine said...

Great quilts! Sorry I've missed commenting on your blog the last few posts. I love your shores. It is looking wonderful! Cute pictures of the kiddo's too!
Having a fun summer I hope!

Kathy A. said...

Oh what beautiful quilts you have done. I so want that lighthouse fabric!!!!!!

Siobhán said...

Two quilts in one week? WOW!! YGG. They are both fabulous & I'm sure will be treasured.

Marie said...

Great job on both of those baby quilts!
You are an ambitious woman~ :D

Sharlotte said...

Hi Heather!
I just found your blog and I love,love,love it! I just started my own blog and am still working the bugs out,i.e. finding a look,learning to use tools,and learning to load pictures (which I still need to do).I am a quilter and a stitcher too.Just wanted to say hello and nice to meet you!

Austysmum said...

Such a cute little eye spye quilt! Got to love a scrappy border. Fun and bright - love it!

MysteryKnitter said...

I pondered, what that Hungarian quilt is, but now I know it is for a baby boy. And that little princess will get a lovely quilt! Awww! The new moms can be happy that they have a friend like you.