Thursday, October 07, 2010

THAT quilt is finally finished.

In between school starting (hello 4th grade homework??!!!), Taekwondo (Curren earned a new belt!), Cub Scouts starting again (teaching 8 boys to make a leather wallet), house decluttering (million trips to Goodwill and counting), decorating for Fall, I’ve been able to fit some sewing in!

I decided on my layout for the Hexagon quilt I am making. I’m going with the big stars. Look at all of these triangles waiting patiently to be sewn together.

There was also a quilt finish!! I was talking to my BFF Becky today on the phone and told her I finished the blue snowflake with sparklies quilt, you know that one?? And she says “yes Heather, the one you’ve been working on all year?? The one you bought two years ago??” haha! Thanks Becky for putting it into perspective for me. Yes I finished THAT ONE.

The pattern of this quilt is called Starry Night by University Moda. It's a big quilt measuring 86" x 86". I put a light blue flannel on the back, and used a striped fabric for the binding. This is a kit, from Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe I bought two years ago.

I had it quilted, and the binding sewn on back in July. Well, I finally finished hand sewing the binding down on Sunday and Monday. I am in love with it. Mark asked what this quilt was for. I told him to put on the end of our bed during the winter. He just looked at me, you know the look… the “you are crazy woman” look. I am glad he still loves me!!

I will now go back to my crazy fun life, see you next time.

7 comments:

loulee said...

If he absolutely refuses to have it on your bed, send it to me and I'll put it on my bed. I love it, it's beautiful.

Jackie's Stitches said...

A finish is a finish to be celebrated no matter how long it took to get there! Congratulations!

KarenV said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love the contrast of the pointed stars and the swirly quilting.

Denise in PA said...

Two years? That's nothing (in my house anyway) - LOL!!! It's beautiful! I think it looks fantastic on the bed. I made a sparkly blue quilt a couple of years ago and I just love it o:) Those hexagons are awesome!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous, I love it!!!! And your DH will get use to having it on the bed ;-).

Dolly said...

"what this quilt is for?"

Ack !

Banish him from the bedroom for 3 days !

MysteryKnitter said...

What a beautiful quilt! So wintery! I just like this. It has so frosty feeling.