Sunday, April 03, 2011

Weekend Warrior

Over the weekend I got a lot done due to having all day Saturday to MYSELF. What?! How do the stars align so this happens? My husband went to some car swap meet thing downtown and took the kids with him! Thank you Mark, you rock.

In between loads of laundry I sewed, went to lunch, sewed, etc. Mostly I just sewed! I started a quilt a few weeks ago using the fat quarter bundle I've had forever by Bonnie and Camille called Simple Abundance. It's so beautiful! I chose the pattern from the book Fat Quarter Five by Heather Mulder Peterson, because the patterns are obviously fat quarter friendly :) I have lots of white yardage too, so no need to buy anything.

The pattern is called Gypsy Girl. You like my design wall? I lay it out in my living room then go up on the landing and look down at it, it works okay if the kids aren't running around too much. This quilt was fun to make, and came together easily. I still have the border to add, but it'll get there. This quilt is going to a teacher...
AND I got another quilt top together from the book Jelly Roll Quilts. The pattern is Garden Trellis. I used the Jelly roll Martinique by 3 Sisters. Oh man, when I laid it out on the couch, it just matched my house so perfectly (except the pink).... and I am in love with this fabric. This still needs borders as well.
I just had to share, I was so excited to have a productive sewing weekend.

5 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Yippee!!!! That's awesome!

Kathy A. said...

That was indeed a productive weekend. Nice work!

geeky Heather said...

Those are both beautiful! Congrats on all the progress!!

Katrina said...

Oh I love productive weekends!!!! Gorgeous quilts.

MysteryKnitter said...

Looks gorgeous.