Saturday, July 02, 2011

Summer Sewing with Jessie

Jessie has been taking a sewing class again with my friend Barbara. This time around they made aprons, she had to break it in helping me make pasta salad! Look at how cute it is, she did such a great job.
I am teaching Jessie and her friend to sew a bit this summer too, and plan on having them make this bag. They've already cut their fabrics and we plan to start sewing this week. I made one yesterday to make sure it'd be doable for them, and I think it'll be fine. I used it today going boating, and it held a lot and looks cute too.

I used the Madras Tote tutorial from Noodlehead. Go try it out.
Have a wonderful 4th of July! Can't wait for Monday, it's going to be a fun day.

3 comments:

Just Jenn said...

Cute bag! I like the little pocket in front too.
Jessie is ADORABLE in her apron. That's so sweet of Barbara to teach her sewing.

Sue said...

Your daughter is adorable and she did a great job on her apron. I LOVE the bag you made, that fabric is so colorful!!

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice apron. Nice bag.