Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pouch Swap with the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild

Last month at the Portland Modern Quilt Guild we all turned in handmade pouches for a swap with the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild!  I was given a name, and she basically gave me free reign to make what I wanted, but she asked if it could be used to hold her sewing supplies.  I thought about it for a few days and finally pulled out this stack of fabrics from my stash.
Aquas, dark blue, green and black and white prints.  I think these would make a great quilt don't you?  It was fun to make something small out of them though.  I cut a lot of 1-1/2" squares and laid out the rows to sew together.  It was pretty fun.
I hand stitched the lettering using DMC floss that matched the fabrics.  Stitch, Stitch, Stitch seemed appropriate for a sewing bag.  I tried taking "progress" pictures... it makes things a bit more real.  I am a messy sewer.  When I am in the middle of a project stuff is everywhere!
I love how it turned out, I see more of these in the future.  It ended up being 10" across x 9" deep.
These pouches got shipped off to Vancouver, I can't wait to see what my partner made for me!  Swaps are SEW fun :)

5 comments:

Meredith said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!! Can't wait to see what you receive in the exchange! What a fun idea!

Loraine said...

Oh so cute! Your partner is very lucky. :)

Cathy B said...

Very cool idea! I love the pouch that you made!

Angie from Dear Spring Green said...

I love love LOVED this when it was on the table to send off to VMQG! What a lucky duck your partner is!

MysteryKnitter said...

I love this! You know how to stitch. And I am not the neatest stitcher or knitter either. You'd faint if you saw my knitting and stitching spot.