Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Sewing Friends are the best.

My friends and I have recently started meeting regularly to sew and hang out.  When I was able to quit working back in June, I really wanted to start a sewing group with all of them, and it has started happening!  We meet twice a month to sew, and once a month to go shopping, it's been a dream come true!

We recently had a sewing night at my house, and everybody was making some great stuff.
I learned to make ruffles for some adorable aprons... 
Joni and Colleen working away, notice my husband and daughter on the couch in the living room, they just love it when all my friends come over LOL!
The whole crew!  I had to document this, it was too fun.
Jenn and I both finished a quilt that night!
Colleen was making the CUTEST baby quilt, with itty bitty buntings.
Joni was sewing together a quilt top using blocks her friends had made for her when she moved away from South Carolina, look how nice it is!
Sarah came to learn how to sew, she is helping Barbara and I make aprons.  She did so well, now she wants to make some tablerunners and placemats.... what?!?  I love to get people hooked on sewing.
Jenn working on binding her quilt.  I love ya girl.
The night was fueled with Snickers, Whoppers and Dove chocolate.  Here is to many more sewing nights!!  I love my friends.

6 comments:

Loraine said...

It looks like so much fun, Heather! I wish I lived closer so I could join you. Sewing friends are the best. :)

Dolly said...

Oh, this is all so familiar. Don't take it for granted.......these are great days. I miss it so !

Carolyn @ The Baseball Stitcher said...

What FUN!! I wish I lived closer to you, too! (I even looked -- we're too far apart. :))

Meredith said...

How fun!!! Such neat projects made even better by working on them with friends!

Anonymous said...

is there a pattern name for the black center quilt which looks like ocean waves but has strips instead?

MysteryKnitter said...

That must have been gorgeous evening.