Monday, July 22, 2013

Pillow Pop! Pillows

I have a friend who is getting married very soon, so I whipped up these pillows this week for her.  They are both from the Pillow Pop! book.
After I made them, I realized they match my couches perfectly... perhaps I need to make more?

I wanted more of a blue blue, than an aqua blue for these pillows, I chose 12 different prints from my stash, including some Kaffe Fasset shot cottons.  I love the shot cottons!  For the neutral color, I used a natural linen.  I love the look of linens for home decor, very comfortable and relaxed.

For the quilting, I used a tan thread and did straight line quilting about 1" apart, I just eyeballed it.
And for the back of the pillows I used this cool Anna Marie Horner Field Study print, I love it!  It's fun to look at, and has a few pops of red in it.  These pillows are both 20"x 20", so they are big!  My kind of pillow :)  

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

I am sure the happy couple liked those pillows.