Saturday, August 03, 2013

Dabbling

I've got several projects going on at the moment!  I started the Whirligig quilt from the Sarah Fielke book, Quilting from Little Things.  It has been so fun to work on.  The center swirl of leaves was a bit tricky for me to get stitched down, but I figured it out eventually.  All of the vines are stitched down, and now I'm working on the big flowers at the end of each vine.  It's so pretty, I can't stop looking at it.

 I'm not that great at small curves, but I'm getting better!!

The Spin Cycle quilt was quilted this week and I'm currently sewing down the binding by hand.

I bought a fat quarter bundle of Happy Go Lucky a month ago, and it inspired me.  I pulled several fat quarters from the bundle, navy, red, green, orange and then added fabrics from my stash to the pile.  I got a great stack of colors to start a quilt for a boy.  The pattern I chose is another Cluck Cluck Sew pattern called Pow-Wow.  I've been wanting to make this pattern for so long.  The pieces have been sewn together, it's coming along well.
And I need to get back to my cute Woodland Sampler cross stitch, but am lacking motivation.  Since I started the applique, it's the only handwork I want to do.  I hope to get at least one month done in August.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Boy have you come a long way with your quilting...hand appliqué now, good for you. I love that design.

I am glad to see that you have not forgotten the world of cross stitch. :-}