Sunday, June 01, 2014

Stella Blue Quilt

I'm back!  I have lots of fun projects to show you, and have missed blogging a lot.  I hope some of you are still out there reading this blog.  I recently finished a quilt that I've been working on for years.  Dianne of The Suburban Stitcher and I started it back in April of 2011 (oh my, that's awhile back)  I worked on it off and on that year, and finished the quilt top in 2013.  It's a big quilt, with a lot of pieces!    Sometimes quilting is all about the process, taking your time and enjoying it.  Honestly, the part I got hung up on after the top was done was getting it quilted.  My friend Barbara came to the rescue and quilted it for me on her longarm machine, what a blessing!
The quilt is 90" x 90", I made it big enough to fit on our queen size bed.  It's a beautiful quilt, the colors are fabulous!  The fabric is by The French General for Moda.  I used a fat quarter bundle, and added in some matching fabric from my stash.
The pattern is Stella Blue, by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  I used a large check homespun for the backing, it's so soft.
It sure feels good to be done with this quilt, and finally be using it.  Now onto the next finish!

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations on your finish!

Anonymous said...

We have missed you!!!! Glad you are back!

Lisa D. said...

Your quilt is beautiful!